In the dizzying pace of the digital age, it is critical to adopt the right SEO strategies to increase your website’s visibility and reach potential customers. The most important of these strategies is undoubtedly“keyword research“. So what exactly does this term mean and why is it so important?
What is Keyword Research?
Keyword research is a study to determine which words or phrases users use in search engines. This is essential to identify keywords that are relevant and appropriate for the target audience when creating content.
Why is it so important?
- Understanding the Target Audience: Keyword research allows you to understand what your target audience is looking for, what problems they are looking for solutions to, and what topics they want to learn about.
- Competition Analysis: By determining which keywords have intense competition and which words are less competitive, you can shape your strategy accordingly.
- Traffic Increase: Content optimized with the right keywords attracts more organic traffic by taking a higher position in search engine rankings.
- Increasing Conversion Rates: You can increase your conversion rates by targeting the right words and providing content that visitors to your website are actually interested in.
Understanding the Target Audience in Keyword Research
One of the ways to achieve success in digital marketing is to understand your target audience correctly. Keyword research is one of the most critical steps in this understanding process. So how can you better understand your target audience through keyword research?
1. Needs and Problems of the Target Audience
By paying attention to which keywords your target audience uses in search engines, you can determine which topics they are looking for information on and which problems they are looking for solutions to. This helps you build your content strategy around these needs and issues.
2. Language of the Target Audience
Keyword research helps you identify the language and terms your target audience uses. This allows you to craft your content in a language they can understand and engage with.
3. Search Habits of the Target Audience
Some users are looking for direct information, while others are looking to purchase products or services. Keyword research helps you understand the search intent and habits of your target audience.
4. Geographical Location of the Target Audience
Keyword research for local SEO efforts allows you to understand in which regions your target audience is concentrated. This plays a critical role in identifying geographically where you need to focus.
5. Competition Analysis
In keyword research, by observing which keywords your competitors are concentrating on, you will also understand the interaction of your target audience with competitors.
Here are some popular tools we can use for keyword research
|Google Keyword Planner
|Integrated into Google Ads, this free tool provides valuable data such as keyword suggestions, search volume and competition level.
|It is a broad SEO and digital marketing research platform. It offers keyword analysis, competitor analysis and many more features.
|It is a comprehensive tool for both seeing what keywords competitor websites are ranking for and discovering new keyword opportunities.
|Developed by Neil Patel, this tool offers features such as keyword suggestions, content ideas and competitor analysis.
|Moz Keyword Explorer
|It is a tool that offers keyword suggestions, SERP analysis and the ability to understand keyword competition.
|It is a tool that visualizes the questions users ask on search engines and provides keyword ideas. It is a great resource for topics.
|It is used to examine the popularity of specific keywords over time. Perfect for observing geographic and time-related trends.
|It is a tool that offers keyword suggestions on different platforms such as Google, YouTube, Bing and App Store.
How to Analyze Competition in Keyword Research?
If you want to stand out in the digital world, you should not neglect competitive analysis as part of your keyword research. This analysis helps you understand which keywords are highly competitive and which ones have the potential for more traffic with lower competition. Here is a step-by-step guide:
1. Create a Keyword List
First, make a list of the keywords you want to focus on. This could be words related to the nature of your business, your goals and your prospect research.
2. Determining the Degree of Competition
Find out the level of competition for the keywords you have identified using SEO tools (SEMrush, Ahrefs, Google Keyword Planner, etc.). These tools can show how competitive a keyword is.
3. Reviewing Competitor Websites
Identify your competitors who stand out in these words by examining the first page results for the keywords you have identified.
4. Competitor Content Analysis
Evaluate which topics your competitors are producing content on, which keywords they are targeting and the quality of that content. At the same time, examine the title, meta description and URL structures used in competitor content to see what works for SEO .
5. Review Backlink Profile
Review the backlink profiles of competitors with high rankings for competitive keywords. This is important to see which sites are linking to your competitors.
6. Identifying Keyword Opportunities
It is difficult to rank for highly competitive keywords, but competition is usually lower for more specific and niche keywords (long-tail keywords). These types of words are easier to rank for and usually have higher conversion rates.
7. Strategy Formulation
Create an SEO strategy based on the results of your competitive analysis. Decide which keywords to focus on, which content to create and your backlink acquisition strategy.
Here’s how keyword research increases traffic:
1. Reaching the Right Audience: Keyword research allows you to understand what kind of information your target audience is looking for. This is critical so that you can direct your content exactly to the people who are doing this research.
2. Identify Keywords with High Traffic Potential: With this research, you can determine which keywords have a high search volume and how you can attract more visitors by creating content related to these words.
3. Identify Opportunities with Low Competition: Not all keywords are equally competitive. By doing research, you can find “long-tail words” with high search volume but less competition.
4. Explore Long-Tail Keywords: General keywords can be highly competitive, but long-tail (specific) keywords are often less competitive and can have higher conversion rates.
5. Understanding User Intent: Keyword research allows you to understand users’ search intent (information search, purchase intent, etc.). This makes it easier to reach the right visitors by optimizing your content according to these intentions.
6. Optimize Website Structure: Based on the research results, you can determine which categories and subpages should be on your website and provide users with a better experience.
7. Create a Content Strategy: Keyword research will guide you on which topics you should create content on, so you can provide the most relevant and valuable information to potential visitors.
Here’s How Keyword Analysis Can Increase Conversion Rate on Your Website
1. Understanding User Intent: With keyword analysis, it is possible to understand the purpose of users’ searches. For example, searches such as “buy phone cases” or “best phone case brands” indicate purchase intent. Conversion rates can be increased by targeting users with such intentions.
2. Create Relevant Content: Using keyword analysis, you can determine what visitors are really looking for and create content that appeals to the target audience based on this information. Relevant content keeps visitors on the site longer and increases the likelihood of conversion.
3. Highlighting the Right Product or Service: If you run an e-commerce site, you can identify the most in-demand products with keyword analysis and make these products more visible on your website.
4. Targeting with Long-Tail Keywords: Long-tail keywords usually have higher conversion rates than generic keywords because they are more specific. By targeting these words, you can reach a more niche audience.
5. Optimizing Ad Campaigns: Keyword analysis is critical, especially for pay-per-click ad campaigns. By identifying which keywords have the highest conversion rates, you can direct your budget towards them.
6. On-Page Optimization: Using target keywords correctly in page titles, meta descriptions, content and other important places is effective in delivering the right content to the right users. This has a positive impact on conversion rates.
7. Provide a Better User Experience: Keyword analysis helps you understand what visitors are looking for on your website. This information can be used to improve the user experience by creating a better site structure and navigation. A better user experience means higher conversion rates.
Here is a sample keyword research table for you
Keyword Research Table
|Monthly Search Volume
|Recommended Content Type
|Mimoza Informatics SEO services
|Seeking Specific Services
|Service Detail Page
|How to do SEO
|Blog / Education Content
|Best SEO agencies
|Comparison / Selection
|Education / Knowledge Seeking
|Blog / Video Content
|Mimoza Informatics References
|Local SEO services
|Seeking Specific Services
Keyword Research with Mimoza Bilişim Difference
As SEO agency Mimoza Bilişim, we provide you with the most accurate guidance on keyword research with our professional team that has a good command of the latest trends in the sector. With our innovative tools and analytical approach, we strengthen your brand’s place in the digital world.